Although the steps are quite simple, I feel compelled to warn you: This virus has the potential of being highly contagious, and spreading to everyone it comes in contact with!
1. When you wake up, let your first thoughts be of gratitude; Be thankful, for anyone, or anything! (even if at first, you have to “work at it”.)
2. Who are you grateful for; and who’s the first person that came to mind?
1. Write a short, but heart-felt thank you card to this person; address, stamp and mail it. (I have an easy way method, if you’re interested)
2. Do not question who deserves to get this “virus”, just share it, one-a-day.
3. Repeat the next morning; and the next; one day at a time.
As I began to contemplate today’s spark, the lyrics to a classic rock song kept running through my head: “Easy to be Hard” (Three Dog Night); at some point, I replaced the word “hard”, with “soft”; pliable, flexible, forgiving…
The process of gratitude makes it almost impossible for a hardened heart, an unforgiving spirit or a depressed state of mind to exist. Reaching in, to a place of gratitude; then sending out your gratitude, not only feels good, it spreads!
I am thankful for you, and you, and you! Sharon